Wednesday 10 April 2013

Snapdeal along with Micromax cheating their customers?


There is a reason why I made this statement, pretty simple. I ordered my Canvas HD from Snapdeal yesterday around 11:00 Am when it was shown 'available'. Thankfully got it booked and the website said - 'Product to be dispatched in 1 business days'. I was thrilled.

In their tracking page, like a kid who got his first ever comic book, I kept refreshing the page to check if the product has been dispatched. It said - To be dispatched on 10th of April. I kept checking checking checking, nothing. Found it very unusual, so I called up the customer care. This dude picked up and said - 'Sir, the product will be dispatched from our side today but if anything happens, we will surely send you an SMS stating the next delivery date' - This is where I smelt something fishy. I said OK, kept the call and was hoping for the best. An hour later, I get the message saying 'Sorry, the shipment has been delayed till 15th of April'. Now this was the heights of frustration and I couldn’t take it. So I call up the Snapdeal executive and asked him for an explanation. I was pretty pissed off. So he said he will transfer to his manager, which he did. Manager said the usual thing - Our apologies sir. I said I don’t need any shitty apology, but just tell me why I got that SMS when your website promised the availability of the product and a dispatch date of one day. This is the explanation that they gave - 'Sir, We are just mediators; the problem is from Micromax's side. They let us know the availability of the product and we put it up, but they didn’t keep up with it'. I asked them for the past 2 month you made customers wait for over a month to deliver the product, and still you trust Micromax on their 'supply' promise? He again said - 'Our apologies'. This time he said, at times when this happens, a technical glitch happens in our website and the website automatically shows the product is available, when it is actually not. Yes, He actually said that! 

So when snapdeal says the product is available, in reality it 'might not' be! You end up paying 15K when you actually paying for a void cart. So please make sure they will dispatch it in the mentioned number of days before you put in the order. Beware! 

No comments:

Post a Comment