Monday 3 June 2013

How to fix a water damaged or bricked Micromax Canvas HD Android smartphone


Is your smartphone water damaged? Are you looking for a home remedy for a water damaged Smartphone? Here I will tell you a few basic things that saved my smartphone from a very bad water damage.
I was stuck in a bad rain and my canvas HD which was inside my was completely soaked in rain water. Yes, I was stupid enough to keep my smarty in the jacket while it was raining! 

So came back home, tried switching it on and voila! It got switched on! But my happiness was momentary as the phone got switched off in a few seconds. And after 2 days of fight I got it revived. Here is what I did.

1. Immediately removed the battery, simcard and SD card (Thumbs up!)
2. Shook my phone vigorously to remove any excess water in the phone (Thumbs down - Bad Idea! Doing that will actually make the water spread all over the motherboard)
3. Took a few tissue papers and tried cleaning a few places on the phone.
4. Put the battery again to check if it was working (A very bad idea as this could lead to some short circuiting. You have to be patient).

Raw rice can be a life saver when it comes to water damaged smartphones
5. Put my phone in a box of Raw rice - I read somewhere that raw rice absorbs a lot of moisture so it is a god idea to keep it in an air tight box with rice. Did that, waited for a day, tried inserting the battery once again - Still not working :(

Water damages are not usually covered under warranty, so I was completely dejected. I wanted to give a last shot. So here is what I tried.
6. Removed the back panel of my phone, kept it directly under sunlight for like 5 minutes. Put the battery in, pressed the power button - Hurrah! It started working! 

The sunlight did the trick for me! So if you have a water damaged smartphone and if you want to see whether the phone would work before taking it to the service center, try a 'Sun dry'. This might save you a fortune :)

PS: Worked for me, but cant vouch for the idea. So please don't come back to me saying that this killed your phone! You need to take the responsibility :)


No comments:

Post a Comment